Building a Business With a Higher Calling with Paul Polman (Ep. 3)
In our third episode of our New Human Movement series, Gary and I spoke to Paul Polman, the former CEO of Unilever (one the one of the world‘s biggest food and personal care companies.
In the third episode of the New Human Movement series, Gary and I spoke to Paul Polman, the former CEO of Unilever (one the one of the world‘s biggest food and personal care companies). During his ten-year stint Unilever, Polman prioritized long-term value creation and made sustainability the centerpiece of the company‘s strategy.
Here are some of the topics we covered:
- Turning Unilever around - while avoiding the easy, short-term tricks to boost performance
- Baking purpose into the business model
- Dismantling bureaucracy – and avoiding "reorgs"
- Why CEOs should stop blaming investors and act more courageously
- Brining about system-level change
For our reflections on this conversation, check out the companion article published by Fast Company:
Hope you enjoy it... and if you do, please give it a "thumbs up" on Youtube, and subscribe to the channel (you'll be notified of new episodes).